Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013 ~ Goiania Brazil Mission, Rio Verde ~ Week 13

Dear Family,

Oi!!!! Transferred!!!!! Haha yeah, I was already transferred. I'm now in the city of Rio Verde  (pronounced He-u Vehej), which is about 5 hours South of Goiania Brazil. I don't know if the Assistants to the President emailed you guys to let you know but yeah, I am now in Rio Verde!



I wasn't transferred because I suck at being a missionary haha! They had this mass transfer type thing in our mission because there were 10 missionaries in my mission that went home and only 2 new missionaries arrived in the Goiania mission; so there were a ton of missionaries who were transferred.

I LOVE RIO VERDE SO MUCH!!!!!  My new companion is so Awesome! His name is Elder Lima, he is Brazilian and he's from Northern Brazil somewhere haha I don't know how to spell or pronounce it so I won't even try. He speaks a tiny bit of English but not enough to help me with a lot of things. However, he tries his best to help! Which is something my companion in Jardim Curitiba didn't do. Honestly, not to be rude but he wasn't the best trainer because he didn't help me with anything and didn't teach me anything so that was a huge set back? But Elder Lima is Awesome! He reminds me of Colton Steele haha. He really is helping me a ton and my Portuguese has already improved with him. Sometimes he gets frustrated with me when I can't understand what he says to me haha but it's all good. Everything is so much better here.  Maybe it's just cause I'm getting used to everything!

Rio Verde is a little bit more dangerous than Jardim Curitiba. Already, I sort of got robbed haha. There was this guy who came up to us one night and asked us to buy him a coke or he would hurt us. He said he was willing to kill or rob anyone else but he said that we had a 'LIGHT' about us, so he wouldn't hurt us. We bought him a coke, just to be sure haha. He was so High it wasn't even funny! The next day we saw him again and this time he wanted me to give him money for drugs. What was I supposed to do? I gave him only 2 Reais haha but he was happy with that. Freaking Loser! Lol I told Cooper this story and he said when that happens to him in Guat, they have learned to just walk away or they never stop asking. But please don't worry about me here! Nothing has ever happened to the missionaries because of the exact reason he said " missionaries have a light about them" and they are afraid of what God would do to them if they hurt us haha. I'm going to be fine I promise. Elder Lima has been here for awhile and he says that The Lord has protected him throughout his time in Rio Verde and nothing has ever happened! We just have to be a little more careful at night.

I feel really bad for Hellen & Djanete because we had Baptismal dates set for them and then both Elder V. Santos and I were transferred! I pray that the new missionaries in Jardim Curitiba are able to Baptize both of them. It's sucks to bond with the members & investigators in the area and abruptly leave. That is 4 Baptisms that I missed out on because of being transferred. But lessons here are going great and we have a baptism set for next week! Awesome Right! I'm excited and it will hopefully be my first baptism.

Eu sei que a lgreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos dos Ultimos Dias e verdadeira. Eu sei que Joseph Smith foi um profeta de Deus, sei que Cristo vive. Eu sei que atraves a Expiacao de Jesus Cristo, nos  podemos voltar a presenca de Deus. Eu sou muito grato por esta oportunidade que eu tenho para ensinar o evangelho para as pessoas do Brazil. Eu amo esta lgreja com todo o meu curaçao! Eu sei sem uma duvida que esta lgreja e verdadeira. English> I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God, I know that Christ lives. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can return to God's presence. I am very grateful for this opportunity that I have to teach the Gospel to the people of Brazil. I love this Church with all my heart! I know without a doubt that the Church is true.

Pictures......I don't have the right tools for pictures! So I can't put them on! I honestly feel so bad because I have good pictures now! I don't know what to do about it. But I love you guys and I miss you so much! I pray for you guys every single day and I hope everything is going well. Email me soon! Eu amo voces!!!!!!!!

Elder Colin Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment