Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26, 2013 ~ Goiania Brazil Mission, Rio Verde ~ Week 30


Dear Family,

Oi! Como vai? Espero que tudo e otimo com voces e que Youth Conference foi bom demais is pra voces. Esta semana passada Nao foi muito boa :(

Haha but before I get into that, this is the picture of the baptism of Joao Paulo and his Cousin. He was baptized a couple weeks ago, but I'm finally sending you the picture of Joao's baptism. He is so awesome now! It's crazy how much people change because of the church! By the way, his cousin baptized him.
Elder Colin Hanson, Joao Paulo, Cousin, Elder Di Giordano

I just need to tell you how freaking awkward I am. We're in this Internet Cafe right now, and out of the four missionaries here, my computer is the one that didn't work. So I ask the lady if I could change computers., but as I was getting out of my chair, the chair fell back and made the loudest noise ever :(. Everyone looked at me like I was genuinely retarded. An Awkward American!!! These past few weeks have been kind of a struggle of Awkward Retardedness. Lol:/

Anyway, like I said this week was kind of hard and it was difficult to focus. I'm not really sure why, but this week our numbers were awful. We didn't bring any investigators to church this week, which is horrible. We had people who said that they would go, but didn't. Even our investigator Solrac (name change) didn't go. It was so frustrating because we passed by his house that morning and he said he would go and then he didn't show. We stopped at his house again later and he said that he was having problems with family and so he couldn't go. He's the type of person that if something minuscule or big happens, he lets that get in the way of everything and he can't focus on anything else. It gets super frustrating at times. We're really trying our hardest with him, but he really has to do his part if he wants us to keep visiting him. He loves having us come over and teach him, but he isn't reading the Book of Mormon and he has missed church for two weeks, so it's hard. But we're hoping everything will go through with him.

We literally can't teach Ordnassela (name change) any more because he moved to Jaitai :/. It's so sad, but there's nothing we can do about it. :(  Hopefully, all will go well for him.

There's a member in our branch,  Alegnasile (name change), who wanted us to teach her husband. He goes to church every week, but they aren't married and so he can't be baptized yet. He never had the desire to be baptized until this week when we taught him. It was pretty cool! So we made a goal for them to get married before September 20th haha because I think I'm going to be transferred soon after this day. It's actually super easy to get married in Rio Verde. In Brazil, the cost and the wait to be married, depends on the city. They accepted the goal so hopefully- They will make plans to get married. Once they are married, Her husband can be baptized.

Other than this, nothing much else happened this week. I'm super jealous that you guys went to Fun. in concert this week! I want to see them live so bad. Lucky dorks!

Love you guys! Have a good week at school! Os amo! Tchau!

Elder Hanson


No comments:

Post a Comment