Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013 ~ Goiania Brazil Mission, Rio Verde ~ Week 36

Dear Family,

Wellllllll, this week wasn't my favorite week of all time hahahahahaha.

I missed two sessions of General Conference. YES, TWO Sessions of Conference. So I literally have no ideas the new stats in the Church. Haha I'm so butthurt you guys don't even understand. I feel like I completely sinned and that I have to repent even though I didn't do anything wrong. We went to the first Saturday session, which is the one I enjoyed the most because we brought our investigator named Jose Carlos to that session. The other session I attended was the Sunday morning session yesterday and I couldn't even enjoy it because I was stressing out so bad about my investigators. It was awful! I literally couldn't tell you what happened during that session, besides President Monson's talk. His talk was by far my favorite! When he started talking about his wife and everything about her, I had tears in my eyes, and I've never cried over a talk in my life haha. Then I was thinking about all the hardships that I'm having on my mission, sometimes I feel so alone, and then he talked about how the Savior will NEVER leave you and I just felt the Spirit so strong, and teared up again haha. Besides that, I'm going to have to print the rest of the Conference talks off the internet :(.

The reason I missed the second afternoon Saturday session was because the rule of the mission is that if you don't have investigators at that session, you can't watch it. So we didn't watch that session :'(. The reason that we missed the afternoon session of conference yesterday was because My companion got super sick. He told me after the first session that he was feeling sick and so we started back home, and then he said that he was going to throw up, and he threw up on the side of the street :/. I felt so bad! I think what he has is food poisoning, because he doesn't feel like he has the flu or anything. I called President and Sister Kuceki, but they couldn't answer because they were at Conference.....so it was a just a big mess with who would be at Conference with my investigators. I'm still stressing out of my mind about it lol.

We did find many people this week who were LEGALLY married! Nobody is legally married, so we were so happy during the week. But then, as always, people just won't go to church! They always say that they're going to go until Sunday and something retarded gets in the way, so frustrating.

I really like my new companion! He's completely obedient, which I'm super happy about and he studies hard and everything. One thing that I've learned on my mission is to have unity in every companionship or you won't have success. So I'm just trying my best with everything. I'm his trainer so I try to teach him things that they don't teach in the MTC. I wish my trainer would have cared to teach me. I'm really just trying my best to help him with everything.

I really am loving my mission! I just read through my email and realize how negative it was but I truly LOVE IT! This week just sucked so hard haha. I'll try to be more positive in my other emails hahaha.

We're still trying to find new people. Guys, please pray that we may be able to find the people who are prepared to hear The Gospel of Jesus Christ, and that we may be able to bring people to Church.

Love you guys! Tchau!

Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment