Friday, July 12, 2013

July 12, 2013 ~ Goiania Brazil Mission, Rio Verde ~ letter sent June 3 - received July 12


Dear Family,

Hey guys!! This is actually the first letter that I've written in Brazil haha. I sort of know how the whole Brazil Mission system works now. Where to fudging start... Brazil is CRAZY! Like literally crazy. There are interesting people everywhere here in Rio Verde. I see cray people and things that I didn't see in Goiania lol. THE FOOD...I freaking love the food here! I hated beans before my mission but now beans are like my favorite part of lunch haha. Guarani is amazing!!!!!! Like my favorite drink ever. It stinks that this drink basically doesn't exist in the United States. The only drinks that exist in Brazil are Sprite, Guarana, Fanta, & Coke. We're not allowed to drink Coke in the mission which is fine by me because I hate Coke..

My area in Rio Verde is ginormous!!! We literally walk everywhere. Our Chapel is considered close to where we live but it is still far away lol. Every house has a huge locked gate outside of their front door, so we either have to clap at the gate or knock on the gate really loud. It's weird but it's probably because people are always stealing stuff. There are churches EVERYWHERE!!! There are at least 5 different churches on my street. People from other churches are always screaming and casting out demons when we pass by hahahahaha it's so funny. The MUSIC I hear in the street is awful. Elder Lima says that the songs have awful lyrics, like stuff Lil Wayne has on his songs lol. There is this super popular music called Funk and I absolutely hate it with all of my heart. All of the songs have the same beat and the lyrics are awful too. It's sort of like retarded rap like Pitbull or 2 chainz...mix them together and you get Funk. The worst type of music of all time. I'm so grateful for American Music :/  Brazilians like most American music so we hear it on the street sometimes but they never play the stuff I like haha like Coldplay.

THE PEOPLE OF BRAZIL ARE AWESOME!!! I love the members and all our investigators that we teach sooooo much... The people are humble, kind, yet blunt at the same time haha. There's this lady named Macilene Desculpe that Elder Lima baptized before I came here and she seriously is the nicest person ever! She makes food for us every time we visit her because she absolutely loves us! It's crazy how much happiness the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings into the lives of  the Brazilian people. Macilene lost her daughter a year ago and was so happy when she learned from Elder Lima that she could be with her daughter again for all Eternity in the Celestial Kingdom with Heavenly Father. She is so Awesome!! I love Elder Lima, he seriously has helped me so much and I'm super bummed that his mission ends June 24 :( So I'll have some other annoying companion lol.

It hadn't rained once since I've been in Rio Verde until this week. Now it rains everyday!! June - August are the "cold" months in Brazil. I've been freezing my butt off this week but not really because I think it's only a few degrees cooler than it was :/  It's so funny, everybody here has been wearing hoodies because they think it's so cold but in reality it's 85 degrees instead of 90 degrees.

It seriously is so crazy how much my testimony of the Gospel has grown on my mission. Seeing the change that Jesus Christ Church brings to the lives of the great people of Brazil is amazing. I'm so happy that I received my call to a place where tons of people are willing to accept this Gospel. I feel so freaking blessed. Sometimes I'll get a little homesick but God helps comfort me and keeps me in line with the things that I need to accomplish during my time here. This work and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints are so true. I love watching the Restoration of the Gospel with the Investigators because I know that they are feeling the Spirit so strongly while watching it. Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God. There is no doubt in my mind that this Church is true and it's exciting to share this truth to all who are willing to hear it. Eu Sou muito greto por esta oportunidade que Eu tenho para servir Meu Senhor. Ele me-deu muitos bencaos em minha vida. Mas, o Melhor bencao em minha vida, e minha familia :) Eu amo voces com tudo o meu coracao. Eu oro para voces cada dia e estou sentindo Seus oracocs por mim tambem. Esta Igreja e verdadeira! Eu espero que voces estao Ben. amo voces de novo KKKKK English Translation ~ I am very grateful for this opportunity that I have to serve my Savior because he gave me everything I have in my life and my family. I love you guys with all my heart and I pray for you guys every day and I hope you are doing well. I love you and miss you kkkkkk

Love Elder Hanson

BTW- FELIZ ANNIVERSARIO NOE! You're the best! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment