Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013 ~ Goiania Brazil Mission, Rio Verde ~ Week 25


Dear Family!

Oi! Como voces freaking estao??????? Hahahahaha

So everything fell through with Kcyrtap (name change) this week and unfortunately he was not baptized :'(. He lived pretty close to the church before but then he moved because his brother was annoying him. He moved  in with some of his friends a couple weeks ago and I think that really hurt him. His friends are always drinking and crap like that whenever we go to visit him. It seems like his friends don't like us much lol. When we first started teaching him, he was super receptive, excited, and understood everything we taught him. But ever since he moved in with those friends of his, he's been really unreceptive. We had difficulty finding him this week so he wasn't baptized :'(

But on the BRIGHT SIDE, we are really getting through to Maria, Laissa, Lais, and Rayanne. They will be baptized this week for sure. They changed the rule with the Goiania Mission in that we can baptize any day of the week now! So that's pretty cool but now we don't know for sure when they will be baptized. We had originally set their baptism date for Saturday, July 20th. Pray that all goes well :)

Anyways!!! When I read that Kate blurted out that "Colin's missing Chris's Wedding" right in the middle of the ceremony, I started laughing so hard!!! Haha I miss little Kate like crazy! I hope that the Wedding was amazing and that Chris and Chelsea are happy. I'm sad that I missed it, but I couldn't be doing anything better with my life right now. I'm really happy sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to such beautiful people. I hope everything goes well for Chris & Chelsea. Tell them that I'm that I'm thinking of them!

I also met my new Mission President Kuceki and his wife this week! They're so awesome!!! They're younger than President Prieto and his wife, so they have a little baby with them haha it's really funny. They have six kids and I think four of them are staying with them while they are serving which is really cool. They also came to our branch this week to give talks and they were awesome. President Kuceki is really bearing down on teaching our investigators with the members. So with all our investigators this week, we taught with members and I've noticed that it's so much more helpful than teaching by ourselves. They now have friends that they can be with at Church and hopefully that will keep members active and also help us convert our investigators. Sister Kuceki is ALWAYS smiling haha it's awesome and it seems like she would never be rude to anyone lol.

I hope you guys loved my hand written letter that I sent! Haha I don't remember what I wrote but I hope it was good!! I wrote another one that I should be able to send this week, not sure yet, but I'll try!

Lucky you guys get to go to Jackson Hole & Yellowstone! Never been there haha. Hope you guys have fun and send me pictures. So crazy that I'm almost six months into my mission! It seems like forever but at the same time, it seems like yesterday that you guys dropped me off at the MTC. I hope my Awesome Family is still doing okay? Love you guys more than anything in the world and I don't know what I'd do without you all! Tchau! Ate a semana que vem!

Elder Hanson

Oh! Before I forget! I almost received your package this week but you guys will need to resend it because you spent more that $50 or I have to pay a fee of $275 for it haha. They sent it back to the United States and when you resend it, maybe send two separate packages so it's under $50. Love you!!!! I hope this made sense? Also, let me know if Superman is good or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment