Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18, 2013 ~ Goiania Brazil Mission, Uberlandia ~ Week 42

Dear Famly,

Good News!!!! Rairanne finally was able to be baptized :)  Elder Thomas & I marked her baptism date again right before I was transferred, so I wasn't able to baptize her, but I saw pictures of her from Elder Thomas at our Conference in Goiania, anyway, she went under the water all the way.  It was her Fourth try haha because she was afraid of the water. She was baptized in Presidente's Carlos pool. I'm super happy for her and her family.

Rairanne (Next to Colin)

Apartment where we planned and studied in Rio Verde

Outside Colin's house in Rio Verde (Check out the missionary shoes!)

Nothing really happened this week. Haha I feel like I was just in this Internet cafe like two days ago, writing you guys. I really don't have too much to write about this week :/ sorry! We only had 3 days of proselyting this week, because we went to Goiania for that Conference. We finally found some new people to teach on Sunday. That always happens, we find people on Sunday right after Church has ended for the week.

My area is not very big. At least it doesn't feel nearly as big as my area in Rio Verde. My area was massive there! So far  I've only been sent to very humble areas in Uberlandia. there's an area that I think I told you guys about last week that's a favela (ask Flavia what a Favela is). It seriously is so poor. We are teaching a wonderful family there and they went to church :). But seriously, count your blessings.

Favela in Uberlandia

People in Uberlandia UNDERSTAND OUR MESSAGE!!!  They get what it means to have a living prophet on the earth today. Everyone pays attention and asks questions during our message here! It makes it so easy to teach people! But like Rio Verde, no one is married and in Uberlandia, it takes longer for people to get Married. But I'm loving this area so far! The name of the street where the Church is located is actually called Rua Joseph Smith haha.

We are teaching this lady named Monica who is very funny. I really do like her! She wasn't sure a couple of weeks ago that she wanted to be baptized, but she told us yesterday that she really wants to, now. So hopefully, everything will work out with her this week and she'll be baptized on Saturday. I don't really know her all that well because the missionaries had already taught her before I came to the area. But pray for her that nothing will prevent her from being baptized this Saturday.

The members here are AWESOME!!! Ala Aurora was actually Elder Di Giordano's first area he served in on his mission. So he talked about how great this area was for him. The members are always willing to help and it's not hard for investigators to feel comfortable in the ward, which is amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment