Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4, 2013 ~ Goiania Brazil Mission, Rio Verde ~ Week 40

Dear Family,

This week was so good!!! We had another two batismos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We baptized this kid Matheus, who we've been teaching for awhile. We actually had his baptismal date set for next week, because the rule was that people under 16 years old had to go to church 4 times before they could be baptized. But the rule changed last week and he had already gone 3 times, so we were really happy he was baptized this week! The youth in our branch are amazing! They are always so welcoming to every moca (young women) or rapaz (young men) and they are always making friends with them, so it's really easy to get the youth investigators integrated into the branch here! Matheus has so many friends already and he's been going to seminary now for forever. It's awesome that he has such good support from the youth!

Colin and Matheus
We also Baptized Zito's son, Wangrisson!! I think I told you about Zito's last week? Not sure, but we have been teaching him and he is GOLDEN. I love Zito so much! He's always bringing new people to church every week and he's not even baptized yet! He brought his son, Wangrisson to church a couple of times and he really liked church, so he was baptized! He hasn't been as integrated with the youth because he hasn't gone to seminary yet, but he's been making friends at church and so everything will work out with that. We also invited Zito to be legally married so he can get baptized and he accepted! They still have to wait until the end of November to get officially married though. It's such a miracle and he has such a desire to be a part of Jesus Christ Gospel. I'm so excited for him! His wife is not as interested as he is, but she went to church this week and she also brought her sister with her! So hopefully we'll be able to baptize them all! Seria excelente!


Colin, Wangrisson and Elder Thomas
I'm so afraid that I'm going to get transferred though. Today is when we're going to find out if we got transferred or not, and I'm so scared! I want to be here so bad for Zito's wedding and his baptism! Also, remember Habyta's mom? She and her boyfriend are trying everything they can to get married so they can get baptized as well. They're super firm in the Church and they come to church every time, so I would be so sad if I wasn't able to baptize them. They're planning on getting married sometime in a January, so I don't know, but I really want to be here for them as well.

Everything is going so much better! Now that it's getting better, I want to stay in Rio Verde forever haha. Elder Thomas and I are building a strong companionship and are really good friends. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to be transferred, if not today, then for sure the next transfer. No one stays in an area for longer than 6 months! I want to stay so bad! The people here are so receptive to our message and I just love the Brazilian people to death. We love teaching them because they are pretty accepting to everything we throw at them. It's super hard work but it's all worth it in the end.


Rio Verde
I'm not even worried about my Portuguese anymore. A lot of people here think that I'm from the Southern part of Brazil (because there's a lot of white people there) and they say that I don't really have an accent anymore! Which means a lot to me because a few American missionaries, who have been out for almost two years, still have trouble with Brazilians understanding them. I don't have a problem with this anymore, everyone understands me now haha!

Anyway, I laughed when I saw Noah in the SLENDERMAN costume haha. SO OBSESSED! Love you guys! Ate a semana que vem! Tchau!!! Beijo! :/

Elder Hanson




No comments:

Post a Comment