Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014 - Brazil Goiania Mission - Uberlandia - Week 55

Dear Family,

What???? What the fudge happened this week? Haha there were like a million things and I´m just sitting here in the internet cafe freaking out and everyone´s wondering what´s wrong with me haha. I didn´t know Liz dated anyone seriously? What´s up with that? Haha that´s crazy! Congrats to Sam on his mission call! That´s crazy that he´s going to Nicaragua. Please be careful haha. Also, Colby is engaged? Crazy!

I hope grandpa´s heart surgery went well. That sucks so bad! I remember like it was yesterday when you guys told me that he had surgery a while back. I´m happy that you guys were able to give him a blessing. 

This week was a little bit rough. I am trying so hard to be super positive in all of my letters, but I don´t have anything good to say about this week haha. We had 0 investigators at church on Sunday :(. In my eyes, that is like ridiculous and I am just so mad at myself. What is happening? I work my butt off every day and I´m just not seeing the results. My companion and I decided that we´re just going to start from scratch now and just go crazy looking for new people to teach. This girl we have been teaching is not progressing at all, and so we´re going to have to drop her. The other people that we found this week didn´t go to church for stupid reasons. I´m just so stressed out right now. 

The family night things are just not working out. I still don´t know what to do about it. We'll keep trying, but I'm not going to get all stressed about it anymore. The Patriarch lives in our ward (who used to be the bishop) and he told us to do activities. We´re going to do it because I honestly can´t think of anything else to do. Nowhere in Preach my Gospel says that family nights are the best thing to do, and I just decided to be a Preach My Gospel missionary. We had interviews with President Kuceki this week, and he was seeing that our zone was struggling to find new people to teach. He came out after interviewing our District Leader and was like "the members are super important, but finding new people is the most important thing". I´m hoping that we can find new people, because right now, we´re really struggling. 

This area has taught me a lot of patience. In Rio Verde, we just always raked out the baptisms, but it Uberlândia, it´s a lot harder. I´ve learned to trust in the Lord and I know that everything will turn out right. I just need to be patient. In chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel, it talks a lot about Patience. That´s one of the attributes of Christ that I feel that I´ve developed here in this area. 

I know that everything will be alright. I know what the Lord expects of me and that´s all I can do, and I know that I´ll see the results. 

Love you guys! Thank you for all the support and congrats to everyone in our family! Tchau!

Elder Hanson

By the way, I got three of your packages this week! The one with the 12 days of Christmas (just a little bit late haha), the shirts, etc. Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment