Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014 - Brazil Goiania Mission - Uberlandia - Week 53

Dear Family,

Hey guys! So there were a lot of good things that happened, and a lot of bad things that happened this week. I´m still butthurt about our hole in the wall because nobody has confessed to it so we literally have no idea who did it. Also, you have no idea how happy I was that the Broncos lost the Superbowl hahahahahaha hahahahaha Idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, we found a lady this week, who is super awesome. The only thing that is wrong, is that she´s not married with her boyfriend :(. By the way, her boyfriend is from Bangladesh :/ and he is super Muslim. But he let us in and we shared a message with them and he didn´t really understand a lot of it because he´s still learning Portuguese haha. She had to explain everything to him, and then he wouldn´t agree with it because he believes in Allah. But she went to church and she loved it so much. She told us that she would go every week. We just have to tell her now that she either needs to separate with her boyfriend or just get married with him,so that she could be baptized. I know that she would get baptized in a heartbeat.

As with the two sisters that we are teaching, it´s getting difficult. We've been having a hard time lately getting them to accept baptismal dates. We also found out that one of our other investigators smokes this week. We had no idea before haha because she had never smoked in front of us and I´ve never seen a box of cigarretes in her house. I felt like a straight idiot when she told us haha. Maura didn´t go to church, but she also told us that it would be hard for her to go to church every single week because there´s always people visiting her. But I have the faith that everything will go well.

I´m also in need of a lot of help right now. It´s a rule that you have to support all of the things that your leaders tell you, and I´ve always been really good at that. But right now, they´re telling us that we have to do 3 family nights with 3 different members a week and to receive 15 member references a week. Also, to teach 14 less active lessons a week. It´s so much piled on us right now that we barely have time to find new people to teach. I´m trying to do my best with everything. It´s hard with the family nights because there´s only 40 active members in the ward, as well as with the member references. we pass by the members every single day and sometimes, they just say that they´ve already passed by all the people that they know with the missionaries in the past and so they don´t have references for us. After, the leaders get mad at us for not reaching those goals. It´s hard because I´m trying the best I can, but it just doesn´t work out. What do you think I should do? I really do need advise for this right now. I just want to be the best missionary that I can be.

Alright, the best moment of the week. ARLEI BORE HIS TESTIMONY IN SACRAMENT MEETING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap I was so happy when he got up there, I almost started crying haha. He was so nervous, but it was such a good testimony. Loved it!

Also, remember Elder Lee? he just got transferred to Uberlandia and told me that Zito in Rio Verde is still going to church every single week (still working on the whole marriage thing haha) and that his dad, and his nephew have been baptized since I was transferred! Also, Veronica´s sister was baptized a couple weeks after I left. So awesome!

Love you guys! Thank you for all the support and for the love lol. Love you so much! Tchau!

Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment