Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014 - Brazil Goiania Mission - Uberaba (Transferred out) - Week 81

Dear Family,

Hey guys! This week was awesome. A lot of good things happened. But first things first, I have been transferred. :((((((

I have no idea where I am going or what will happen, but I´ll be happy with whatever. Elder Cunnington and I were talking about potential companions for us both haha and there are a lot of possibilities,.... but then I was like, I´ll be happy with whatever and whoever I´m with. I´ve really liked Elder Cunnington. He´s become like one of my best friends on the mission and we had a lot of fun together. It sucks! I swear, with all my favorite companions, I don´t stay with them for very long haha. But he´ll end his mission next transfer. He´ll go home the same day as Cooper! I literally could be going anywhere now. I´ve never been so nervous for a transfer!!!! No one will tell me anything and so I´m in the dark now.... I have loved all of my areas, but Rio Verde, Parque do SabiĆ”, and Boa Vista (Uberaba) were by far my favorite areas. 

Ricardo got baptized this week!! It was so awesome and everybody loved it. He was so happy and it was great to see the change in him. I´m so happy that that was my last baptism in this area. It was a good way to end it off here in Uberaba. I´ll send all of the pictures and everything, there´s a couple of funny ones lol.

Elder Zanuttini (from Argentina) my "Grandson".

A Toucan Bird

Me not knowing what to do (awkward as ever)

Zone calls

Geni and our Bishop

Me getting to clean the font

My favorite picture of Ricardo (and me)

Geni and her grandkids

Elder Cunnington, Colin and Ricardo

Genival (in the white shirt and mohawk)

It was really sad saying goodbye to everyone. Tania started bawling when I told her and so did Thalita haha. These past couple of weeks have been kind of rough with a recent convert. We passed by there yesterday, and we gave her a spiritual lesson. I actually told that story of how a lady in our old Bountiful ward offended the crap out of mom one time haha and she realized that was way worse than what happened with her. I talked about how my mom was sad about it and everything, but that didn´t prevent her from continuing to go to church. She realized that she needed to let it go after that. This lady was actually feeling really sad about not going to church. She told us that before we came over yesterday, she was reading the Book of Mormon. She knew that the church was true and everything, but she wanted a confirmation that she should continue going. So she prayed, and asked God if the church was true, and that if it was, that she could have help at that very moment. Before she even ended the prayer, we came and knocked on her door. She said it was crazy and she was crying all over the place haha. Super cool.

Other than that, nothing much else happened this week. Saying goodbye to everyone was hard and tomorrow morning I´ll be going to GoiĆ¢nia to find out where I´ll be going. I´m so freaking nervous! 

Love you guys! Thanks for all that you do.

Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment