Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013 ~ Goiania Brazil Mission, Rio Verde ~ Week 15


Dear Family,

What???? Brice is going on a mission???!!! Why didn't you tell me this!!!! Where is he going? That's Awesome!!!!!

FELIZ ANNIVERSARIO PAI ESTE QUINTA-FEIRA!! Eu espero que voce tem um bom dia e eu amo voce com todo o meu curaƧao. Voce e um Melhor exemplo por mim e voce vai ter 50 anos! Que louco!!! English Translation: Happy Birthday Father this Thursday!! I hope you have a good day and I love you with all of my heart. You're a great example to me and you will be 50 years old! That's crazy!!! I can't freaking believe I'm missing my own father's 50th birthday :( That honestly makes me so sad! You better do something crazy on Thursday dad lol.

Anyways, the baptism with Washington fell through :(, he talked to his mom the day of his baptism and she talked him out of it. SO DUMB!!! We were super pissed that the baptism with Washington  didn't happen but I have a feeling that he'll want to be baptized this week. Hopefully he'll change his mind for this Saturday. Our goal is to have 4 baptisms this week, Washington, this woman named Abadia, her husband Carlos, and their daughter Habitha.  They're super cool and Abadia speaks super slow and so I can understand almost everything she says haha. There is another family who we taught this week that was super excited about our message. They're awesome, the only problem is the parents aren't married. The dad speaks a million miles an hour and so I never have any idea what he is saying haha. But we hope to baptize three of their kids next Saturday. Pray for all these souls :) to be baptized.

I don't know what time we're going to Skype this Sunday for MOTHER'S DAY? I've asked but nobody knows for sure. We don't know if it will be at the Church or at the Mission President's house (of the ward, not mission). What will probably happen is I will call you guys first just to let you know that I'm going to Skype for 1 hour but if Skype doesn't work, I can only talk on the phone for 30 minutes, which is a bummer! So, hopefully Skype works!

There was a funny fight that we saw yesterday by our Chapel Haha. They were drunk & High at the same time and they looked completely ridiculous. They were yelling Vai Morrer! Vai Morrer! (Go die haha) They weren't really serious haha. We couldn't hear all of what the fighting boys were saying and my companion wanted to move in closer to hear (my companion, Elder Lima wants to learn English fluently but right now his English isn't the best) so he turned to me and said, 'I want to go to there' haha (30 Rock-Tina Fey) I laughed so hard. We were wise and didn't go to there haha. One of the most dangerous places in Rio Verde is by our LDS Chapel. There's always weird people hanging out by the Church.

Nothing much else happened this week. My Portuguese is improving but not fast enough! Anyways, I love you!!! Tem um boa semana! Have a great 50th dad! You're the best! Eu amo Voces!!!

Love Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment