Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24, 2013 ~ Goiania Brazil Mission, Rio Verde ~ Week 22


Dear Family,

Well, this week was not the best of my life haha! We didn't baptize Nanyat (name change) :( what happened was we went to his house practically every day this week and he was never there! It was so stinking frustrating!!!! We sort of know now that he doesn't really want to be baptized because I think he wants to continue doing what he did before we started teaching him. I don't think he wants to change :/ but anyway, that's that.

Also Elder Lima went home on Friday :'(. It was super triste (sad in Portuguese) and I'll miss him like crazy. He really didn't want to go home haha. We had a super successful companionship with 8 baptisms in 7 weeks together! But now it's just me and Elder Di Giordano in Rio Verde (Bairro Popular lol) for now because his companion went home on Friday as well. We're going to Goiania today for the huge Conference with President Prieto since it's his last week being our Mission President. They said that two more missionaries will come back with us this week, so I hope they're not annoying hahaha.

I actually didn't hear about the missionary announcement that you guys told me about until I read your emails haha. They didn't allow the missionaries to watch the broadcast yesterday so I didn't hear that missionaries are to use Facebook, blogs and other social media to expand the the Lords work or anything about it. But, honestly I don't really want to use Facebook Haha. Maybe when I learn a little more about what we are going to do on Facebook then it'll be fine, but I don't know, whatever lol.

Nothing much else happened this week lol. This past week has been kind of a drag because we haven't had much success. We are still looking for more people to teach because the work has been a little flat this last week even though Rio Verde is one of the most successful areas in my mission haha. It's been frustrating but The Lord has a hand in everything and we need to trust in Him. One of Elder Di Giordano's investigators, is going to be baptized this Saturday, maybe. He was supposed to be baptized this last Saturday but it fell through. He says he wants to learn a little bit more about the Church before he's baptized, which is fine but he didn't go to Church yesterday! So weird!! We pray everything will go as planned and he will be baptized next Saturday.

 I heard about the Brazil manifestations in pretty much EVERY CITY in Brazil, but only because one of our recent converts was talking about it haha. If they hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have heard anything about it. We live in a bubble lol we never hear anything as missionaries. I honestly have no idea what's happening in the United States other than what you tell me.

K, Cooper is dominating his mission in Guatemala! Have you guys talked with Tyler or Kristin about what he's doing? He only has 9 months into his mission and he is already a trainer. Crazy! He taught 93 lessons this week. That's insane! I'm working my butt off teaching 30 to 40 lessons a week haha. I also sent a letter today to you guys haha even though I wrote it like 2 or 3 weeks ago lol. Sorry, I forgot about it :/!

Anyways! Love you guys! Keep going strong through everything. I pray for you guys every day and night! Have a good week!

Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment