Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23, 2013 ~ Brazil Goiania Mission, Uberlandia ~ Week 47

Dear Family,,

Hey guys! I was transferred, but just to the other ward in Uberlândia in the same church. I´m still living in the same house haha. The ward is called Parque do Sabiá. This ward is a lot more challenging, according to other missionaries that have passed by here, because it is the smallest area in the mission (last year the ward had 3 baptisms throughout the entire year) but I´m excited for the challenge! I´ve been feeling like I could have tried even harder with the Aurora ward, and so I´m repentive (not sure if this is a word haha) and I want to change this ward. On Sunday there were 28 people at church. Crazy! But I am super blessed to be put in a ward that´s challenging and I´ll just put all my faith in the Lord and I know that I´ll have success.

My companion now is Elder Neeley, who is American haha and I´m finishing out his training because he had already been trained for six weeks, but now I´ll finish it out. He´s from Connecticut and he´s the missionary that I told you guys about who had a lot of  trouble with his back. He´s improving now, and I´m trying my best to help him with everything.

We went to Goiânia on Tuesday for the Christmas devotional and it was really good. We had transfers right after and it was crazy! Haha it was really irreverent too and it was in the chapel. But everyone was freaking out because they called two new assistants (one of them is Elder Moreno, the missionary that I lived with in Goiania) and it was just nuts haha. Elder Loureiro was made District Leader here and he´s just awesome. I´ll miss being companions with him.

On Christmas, I´ll skype you guys at 5 o clock Brazil time (which I think is noon back home?) and so I´ll just make a new skype at the members house because I don´t remember my password haha but this time, it will only be for 40 minutes. :(. Dumb! But it´ll be great still.

I can´t wait to see you guys on Christmas! Thank you so much for the packages and the letters and everything. I´m so blessed to have a family like you guys and I hope you have a great Christmas! It literally does not feel like Christmas at all down here haha because it´s so flippin hot. Love you guys!

Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment