Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013 ~ Goiania Brazil Mission, Uberlandia ~ Week 44

Dear Family,

This week was a little bit rough. The zone leaders asked us to really focus on finding new people to teach. So this is what I had in my head all week, and we barely found anybody new to teach. We only had one person at Church on Sunday. I got super frustrated with everything because I felt like I worked so freaking hard this week trying to find new people. But this morning, my District Leader called me and told me that he feels like our desires were in the wrong place. We have been so focused on the Numbers, that we weren't as concerned with the people. I thought about that awhile, and then I studied more about it during Personal Study and found some scriptures that helped me understand this more. In Doctrine and Covenants 130: I think 19-23, it talks about obedience. How we are only blessed, when we are obedient to His laws. Haha I don't know, my whole life I guess I never fully understood this. Our purpose as missionaries is to help others Come unto Christ. I wish I would've more fully realized this before, but I need to have deeper love for all of Gods Children. My Companion and I will only be able to help others Come Unto Christ as we are obedient and when we really care about the Salvation of these people. Does that make sense? I'm feeling like a tard right now haha because I have a hard time expressing my thoughts in English now. But from now on, I care about the Salvation of these souls sincerely, not just numbers.

Eu sei que com todo o meu coracao que esta e a lgreja de NOSSA Salvador e Redentor, Jesus Cristo, Estou muito Feliz na  missao! Estou muito animado para ajudar estas pessoas a conhecer o Evangelho. Eu amo este Evangelho. Sei que Jesus Cristo a Deus apareceram a Joseph Smith, e por meio dele, Jesus Cristo  restaurou a Igreja Dele aqui na Terra. A missao e tao difficult, mass realmente, vale apnea. Obrigado por Seu apoio e sua ajuda com todas coisas! Voces vao ser muito abencoados durante minha missao tambem. Vou fazer meu melhor com todas as coisas kkkkkkk. English Translation: I know with all my heart that The Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints is true and it's the Church of our Savior and Redeemer. I am very happy to be on my mission. I'm excited to help these people know The Gospel. I love this Gospel. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith and through him, Jesus restored His Church here on earth. The mission is so difficult but it is so worth it. Thanks for your support and help with everything! You will be greatly blessed during my mission as well. I'll do my very best with everything.

Love you guys!!! Hope everything is going well with you. I'm glad Catching Fire was Awesome. I don't know about the Skype thing because I don't know if I'll be transferred or not before Christmas. Tchau!

You'll love this awkward as poop picture showing off my new altered pants. Lolz for days!


Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment