Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014 - Brazil Goiania Mission - Uberaba - Week 66

Dear Family,

First of all,.... FELIZ ANNIVERSÁRIO PAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VOCÊ É O MELHOR EXEMPLO PRA MIM NA MINHA VIDA E ESPERO QUE TUDO SEJA ÓTIMO NO DIA 9. ESTOU MUITO ANIMADO PRA VOCÊ. OBRIGADO POR TUDOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another super busy week haha. We had a baptism this week! So awesome! Her name is Carmem, and she´s about 45 years old. A super sweet lady. Super shy as well, but she was really excited for her baptism. I got the opportunity to baptize her so that was really cool. Our chapel is super old, and super tiny, and so there´s not really a baptismal font haha it´s like a tub. So sweet! I took a picture of it so you´ll get to see how it is.
Carmem's Baptism

Baptismal font in Uberaba
Carmem's Baptism with Elder Bezerra and other ward members
This week, Elder Bezerra and I are going to Goiânia to have a meeting with President Kuceki and the rest of the zone leaders in the mission. It´ll be sweet! I´m nervous because I´m not quite sure what to expect haha but I´m excited. (By the way grandpa asked, if the zone leaders had cars, and the answer is NO)  haha We also have a zone meeting on Thursday that President Kuceki will attend so I´m super nervous for that. Today, we went to McDonald´s!!! the first time I´ve been to McDonald´s in over a year! It was the best thing of my life, but instead of Dr. Pepper, I bought Guaraná haha (Dr. Pepper doesn´t exist in Brazil) We also went to WalMart, so.... yeah. That´s what we do for fun.

We are ALWAYS doing splits. Always. I think I worked with Elder Bezerra 2 days this week haha. It´s something that I´m not used to yet and it´s a little frustrating because I´m not even getting to know my companion all that well yet. I really like him though! He´s super upbeat and excited all the time, even when we´re teaching. When I teach, I teach super slowly, and super calmly, to be able to feel the Spirit, and so it´s really interesting when we teach together haha. I think that we´ll be good for each other though. I need to be more excited and not be so awkward with people. 

We´re having a lot of success! We´re teaching a lot of people here and working our butts off every day. Just trying to do my best and help out the zone. We have a lot of plans to help them out so it´ll be great. Our goal for the zone is 35 this month,and so we´re trying our best to get to that goal.


Outskirts of Uberaba

So happy for Elder Neeley too! He´s having so much success here as well as district leader. He´s marking millions of dates and talking with everybody so he´s doing awesome. Me and him have become like best friends on the mission. I seriously look forward to going on divisions with him because we always have so much fun. Everyone is saying that he´s going to become zone leader soon and it would be so crazy if we became companions again haha.

On the whole mother´s day thing, not sure what´s going to happen yet. I literally have no idea. Sorry! Just be ready the entire day haha.

Love you guys! I hope you guys have a great week and that everything´s going well with you all. Have a great birthday dad!

Tell Liz and Erik congrats on everything that´s going on in their lives haha. I can´t believe Liz is married! That´s nuts!

Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment