Tuesday, June 24, 2014

June 23, 2014 - Brazil Goiania Mission - Uberaba - Week 73

Dear Family,

This week was BOM DEMAIS!!!!!! Holy crimminey there were so many milagres that happened this week you guys have no idea. We were so blessed by our obedience and hard work it´s not even funny haha.

I´ll get the bad news out first, Ricardo was not baptized this week. We´re not really sure what to do with him. It seems like he is avoiding us a little bit. But it´ll be fine, I know it will be. 

Alright, so we had 11 people at church on Sunday!!!!! That´s a record for me haha. SUPER ELECT PEOPLE as well. Eliete decided that she´ll be baptized on Saturday with Lara and Joana!!!! WHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my freakin heck it´ll be awesome. We went on a division yesterday (Elder Bezerra and I) with the members and I ended up going to her house just to follow up with her on the commandments, and she told us how she went to a World Cup party with her family and her family was all up in her grill about accepting the church and everything. They were trying everything they could to get her to drink beer and everything too and she was like "I love accepting the missionaries in my home. I love going to church. I don´t drink beer anymore because I know now that I should not be doing that. I used to let drunks, and stuff like that into my home. What´s wrong with letting missionaries and the Spirit of God into my home?" Haha it was awesome! After, I felt like I should ask her about the baptism, and I just said "Have you prayed about baptism lately?" and she was like "I pray every day about this. And I feel now that the Lord is showing me that this is the path that I need to follow." and I was like "And about the 28th?" and she said "I´ve been praying about that as well, and the Lord is showing me that yes, I need to." I almost said, wait are you serious? Hahahaha I was so happy! 

Eliete has been helping us out with missionary work as well haha. She gave us a referral the other day haha. This lady named Elizabeth (pronounced e-lis-a-betch haha). Super elect as well. We´re helping her out.

There´s another lady named Tânia that we´re teaching. SUPER ELEITA!! She went to church on Sunday and loved it! She had a million questions after about a lot of different things. She even asked about temples, and what she had to do to be able to go there someday! Haha we talked about baptism with her and she accepted a date for the 5th of July!! She´s super excited as well. She had a really bad infection a couple of years ago (not sure what type, medical terms in POrtuguese still go over my head haha) but she almost died from it. She was in a coma for 30 days and the doctors said it was a miracle that she lived. She said that she completely changed as a person after and that God kept her here because she had some things to do still. Com certeza ela vai batizar no dia 5!! It helps as well that she already knows Bianca from the ward.

Oh, do you guys remember Joandro from Uberlândia that Elder Webb and I were teaching?? He got baptized last week!!! I don´t know a whole lot of details yet but I´ll let you guys know. NO word yet on Abadia, Carlos, or Zito yet but it´ll work out haha.

There´s a lot of other people as well that we´re teaching, other miracles that happened this week, but it´ll take forever talking about them haha. This was probably my favorite week of my mission until now. So many crazy things happened, and it just made me so excited and grateful for this chance to serve here. I love Uberaba! The ward is awesome, and I love everyone here. I can´t complain about anything right now. Just need to humble myself a little bit and know that these blessings came from the Lord and He knows the hard work that we´ve put in here.

Love you guys!! hope everything is well with you.

Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment