Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014 - Brazil Goiania Mission - Goiania - Week 89

Dear Family,

So this week was pretty sweet. A few sad things happened, but all in all, it was a solid week.

So about Thaynara and Jonaton. They liked church and everything, but they really weren´t progressing after a few visits with them. They weren´t reading, and not praying with real intent. We then took them to the church to teach them, and they told us there that they didn´t want to meet with us anymore. I´m pretty sure that their family had said a few things to them to get them to stop visiting with us because Thaynara´s mom is Evangelical and her dad hates religion. Thaynara seemed really interested in the beginning, but then I think her family got to her. She was bawling her eyes out when she told us that she didn´t want to meet with us anymore. Jonaton, on the other hand, had never been interested and told us that he wanted to be baptized in the 7th Day Adventist Church haha. Whatevs. I feel like we planted the seed with Thaynara and in the future, she´ll be more prepared.

But with trials and hard work come the blessings haha. We found this SUPER CHOSEN lady named Francisca this week. We had just left our house after P Day last week, and we saw her and her daughter walking down the street. I had this huge strong impression that I should talk to her, but my companion was feeling the same thing haha and he beat me to her. We talked to her and then we passed by her house the next day and she told us "I have only lived here for two weeks, and I prayed to God every day for Him to help me find the right church to join. And then I met you guys!" Haha she was super happy and accepted a baptismal date for the 25th. She went to church and loved it as well. 

My companion is awesome. He is one of the calmest missionaries I´ve met haha. He kind of has a awkwardness about him. He repeats a lot of things that he says as well haha. It´s pretty much everything he says. It´s strange, he´ll say something, and then right after he´ll repeat it under his breath. The sisters tease him in fun a lot because of it haha.

Other than that, there´s not a whole lot to talk about. I can´t freaking believe that Cooper is home now! Elder Cunnington also went home last week. Don´t worry, I´ve always pushed myself to be exactly obedient throughout my entire mission. I´ve seen a lot of miracles because of it. I know it´ll keep happening as well if I keep doing what the Lord wants me to do. 

Oh, Travis sent me an email and he said that he wants to room with me. Mom, is there any way that you could get in contact with him and arrange the rooming situation? I can´t go onto those kinds of sites here :/. Haha Thanks! Love you guys!

Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment