Tuesday, October 21, 2014

October 20, 2014 - Brazil Goiania Mission - Goiania - Week 90

Dear Family,

Hey guys!

This week was pretty good. A few disappointments, but still it was another pretty solid week.

Francisca is progressing demais! Holy crap she is so awesome. She accepts pretty much everything we tell her and she is excited as crap for her baptism. We´ve been passing by her house with members almost every single time and she loves the members here. She went to a Relief Society Activity as well and is super integrated with the members.The baptism was announced in Sacrament Meeting and everyone is super excited. I think the members now are warming up to us and are more excited to help us now because of it. It seems like they have gotten mad with some of the missionaries that have served here in the past and so we´re trying to gain their confidence back. But honestly, it really isn´t even that bad. My companion thinks that it´s really bad, but I have seen a lot worse haha. It´s hard for the new missionaries in the ward when you have retarded missionaries who have served in a ward and do basically nothing to help the ward out at all. But it´ll be fine! Everyone is stoked out of their minds for Francisca´s baptism. She´s like the nicest lady ever. I feel like I'm always sent to areas to clean up and I love it!

We found a few really good people this week, but for some reason, we weren´t able to get them to go to church. But we´re hoping for the best and we´re trying to work a lot more with the members and get references from them. we were able to get 4 member references this week, but we´re trying to think of ways to get more. It´ll be awesome.

Other than that, there´s not a whole lot to talk about. It´s so nuts to me that Cooper is home now! Don´t worry, all of those pictures are not making me trunky haha. Not at all......

Anyways! About the whole BYU thing. I actually have thought about it, and I´m wanting to go into the Psychology field. I´ve changed my mind about everything haha. I want to be a Psychiatrist (Don´t know if that´s how you spell that). I´ll explain why when I come home. But that´s what I´ve decided to do. I hope that it works out with the whole housing situation because I have no friends at BYU other than Travis and Matt haha and I don´t really want to live with somebody I don´t know again. 

Love you guys! 

Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment