Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27, 2014 - Brazil Goiania Mission - Goiania - Week 91

Dear Family,

That´s crazy what happened with Sam! I hope he´s doing okay. I´ll send an email to him this week to help him out. I run into drunk crazy people all the time and they´ve never done anything to me, which is a huge blessing. There are a million bars EVERYWHERE. Like literally, anywhere you go in any city in Brazil, there will be a bar on every corner and it´ll be packed the entire day with crazy drunk people. Every day haha it´s so awful. People yell at us all the time, and I´m really grateful that nothing has happened to us? I´ll pray for Sam this week.

This week was crazy! We baptized Francisca!!! Oh my heck it was so crazy! Like it really was a huge deal to baptize her. It was so weird, at the beginning of the week she was super excited for her baptism, and then we started passing by during the week, and she started avoiding us a little bit and we didn´t know why. On Wednesday night we passed by unexpectedly and she told us everything. She had been looking for a job for a long time, and finally found one. The Assembly of God (A huge evangelical church in Brazil) offered her a job to be a cook at an Evangelical School. They also told her that she couldn´t go to any other church if she was hired and that she would have to attend their meetings like every single day. It pays well I guess, and she was really wanting to accept it. We talked with her for a bit, and she decided not to take the job. We fasted and prayed like cray and it all worked out in the end. We were really worried haha. But she was super happy the day of her baptism and went to a church activity after and she said it was the best day ever. Everyone was happy.

A member from the area - Going on a mission

Francicsa and her daughter and boyfriend with Colin

Elder Pinheiro, Francisca and Colin

This week, I went on a division with an Elder who works in Jardim Curitiba! My first area! It was so wierd being back there because 
it´s been a year and a half since I´ve been there. It has changed a ton and it looks like it´s even poorer haha. It was fun. I saw a few of the members there and they were like "Oh my gosh! You were fat when you were here and you´re Portuguese sucked!" haha it was awesome. 

We´re teaching a few good people right now. Alex, Reciery, and Aparecida. They all have dates for the 8th of November and we´re hoping that it all works out. I don´t really have any special things to say about them yet because we´ve only taught them all one time. But I´ll give details on them next week.

Love you guys! Sorry my emails are getting suckier and suckier every week! You´ll just have to have me tell you guys all of the experiences when I get home! Tchau!

Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment