Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 8, 2013 ~ Provo MTC ~ Week 2

Dear Family,

Hey guys!  Thank you so so much for the packages you've sent me!  The ties are way sweet and thanks for the treats!  I haven't really gotten homesick this past week.  I'm getting used to everything here because we basically do the same thing everyday haha..  I miss you guys so much and there's so many things I want to tell you in person!  I know I'll forget something when I write this letter so forgive me lol.

I love going to the Temple on P-Day!  We did sealings again today and it was so awesome.  That's honestly my favorite thing to do here, that and the devotionals and the firesides are sweet. They always have a General Authority come speak and they always make me feel the spirit.

My district is Awesome...most of the time haha.  I really do like my district, they're good kids and they mean well.  I'm getting along well with my companion and my roommates.  I see Bronson all the time, mostly only at Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner because he eats the same time I do.  He's leaving next week haha because he's English speaking and it seems like he just got here haha.  I saw Jared Workman and Sean Harbertson as well.  I also see Josh Staples all the time,  he's not in my zone or district but his class is across from mine.  Everyone going to Brazil is getting temporarily reassigned.  The last district that's leaving next week, none of them received their visas, which means that I have like a 99% chance of being reassigned.  I'm looking forward to it though!  It's like I served two missions plus it will give me some time to learn Portuguese a bit more haha. The people who've have been reassigned have been sent to Seattle, Houston, Independence, New York, Montana, Cleveland, Vegas...so pretty much anywhere. Some people have even been reassigned to Provo.  I really hope that doesn't happen to me, that would be so awful.

                                    Elder Sean Harbertson and Elder Colin Hanson
                                       Elder Josh Staples and Elder Colin Hanson

Oh!  Before I forget, tell Grandma and Grandpa Hoskins that I talked to John Taylor.  He is in grandma and grandpa's ward.  He's going to Tahiti and tell them that I talked to him and that he's doing good. He just barely got here.

Kenzie, Paige, Travis, Hunter, Connor, and even Konnor Hall all wrote me this week. Hearing from everyone keeps me sane.  Cooper writes me every week, last week he wrote my name in the sand at the beach in Guatemala and sent me a picture of it lol. He is killing it in Guat! I miss all my friends :(  That's awesome that Karingtyn is going to Uruguay. I want to know who else gets their calls.  I'm doing fine but the MTC feels like a prison haha.  I can't wait to get out and get in the field and out in the real world with real investigators.

                       Personalized message from Elder Cooper Hanson in Guatemala
                                                        hahahahahahaha

My lessons with our investigators have been going alright. My Portuguese sucks so bad!  I'll listen to what they have to say and I can understand it but I can't say anything back without sounding like a 7-year-old special needs kid.  Our teachers are our investigators and one time I was trying to ask my Brazilian teacher what he thinks about prayer and I wasn't even close and he just looked at me like like o que? (What?) haha it was so embarrassing and I almost started laughing. I did however make it so my other teacher, Sister Pike (Liz Merrill's Relief Society President) tear up!!  I was bearing my testimony about prayer in Portuguese and her eyes started to tear up!  It was awesome!

I am really struggling without my music.  I miss it so much and we aren't allowed to play music here. Anyway, I hope you are all doing fine....Eu sei que Jesus Cristo e meu Redentor e Salvador, Atraves de Expiaqao, nos podemos arrependir-se por nossos pecados e voltar para Ele quando nos mortimos, Eu sou grato por este opportunidade ser em um missao.  Em o nome de Jesus Cristo, Amem! Love you guys so much!  I love getting your letters every day and I love being on a mission. Thank you for everything!  Love you!  Eu amo voces!

Love,  Elder Colin Hanson




No comments:

Post a Comment