Saturday, February 9, 2013

February 1, 2013 ~ Provo MTC ~ Week 1

Hey Family & Friends!

I love it here at the MTC!  Everything is going really great. I don't understand why some people hate it so bad. It gets really hard at times but it's worth it. My P-Day is Friday.  I want to know what's going on with everybody!  It feels like a prison here sometimes haha and I feel so cut off from the outside world. I will upload pictures next week but don't worry I have been taking pictures.

I need email addresses & home addresses. Mom, please send me everyone's because I forgot to do that before I left.  Please let everyone know that I really NEED letters and emails!  They help keep me sane and realize that there actually is a world outside of the MTC haha.

My Portuguese sucks, haha.  I try so hard every day to work on it but it is just staying the same.  I can say a basic prayer and a basic testimony and that's about it, haha.  My lessons are a struggle!  I feel so retarded when I'm talking in Portuguese because I know I'm not pronouncing anything right or using correct grammar and I just sound like a dummy. But whatevz! I know it'll get better I just need to stop beating myself up over it.

I love my District!! There are a couple kids in it who are like some of the funniest people I've ever met.  It's great because our district is so close and there's never really any contention, with a few exceptions haha.  We have a huge district with 13 now because we had an Elder go home yesterday.  I felt so bad. Way sad. We are all cramped into one classroom and it is always so hot lol.  My companion is great, he was made District leader and he is doing a good job with it.  He is a way nice kid.  He reminds me of Haden Heath so much haha.  He has the exact same personality.  My roommates are way awesome as well.  One of them, Elder Moffit is from Salt lake City and he reminds me so much of my best friend, Cooper lolz.  My other roommate, Elder Wallace is from Roosevelt, Utah and he is like the nicest kid I've ever met.

 Nobody in my District has received their Visas so pretty much everyone will be temporarily reassigned until the visas come. Elders are being reassigned to places like Texas, Washington, Boston and Canada.  It's crazy!  I guess it's not just Brazil that's struggling with the Visas because I was talking to Elder Taylor Seymour and he said that his Peru Visa still hasn't come after being in the MTC for 9 weeks and so he got temporarily reassigned to Arizona.

I run into people I know all the time!  I've seen Taylor Seymour, Tanner Gamble, Josh Staples, Maddi Palmer, Tanner Henrie, and a bunch of others. I haven't run into Bronson yet, though.

                                      Elder Colin Hanson and Elder Tanner Gamble

How are you guys?  Let me know what you want me to talk about so I can write a better letter next time haha.  The packages are much appreciated BTW lol.

I feel the Spirit so strong here, it's insane!  I feel as though I have changed so much since I've been here and I've only been here a week! It's crazy.  I feel as if my testimony has grown so much stronger.

The only things that I really need are more ties.  I thought I had enough, but everybody has so many ties!  It's dumb, but I have started to really want more ties haha.  The only thing I hate is my stupid shampoo! What happened to my shampoo?  Not gay tea tree shampoo, that stuff sucks so bad.

We had the opportunity to do sealings this morning in the temple.  We only go inside the temple on P-Days.
Eu sei que a Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos dos Ultinlos Dias e verdadeiro.  Jesus Cristo e nosso Redentor e Salvador.  O Livro de Mormon e verdadeiro e ajuda-nos todo dia.  Em nome de Jesus Cristo, Amem.  (Translate this yourself haha)  My portuguese might not be perfect but screw it lol.  I love you all!  Thank you for everything you have done for me!  There is no way I would be where I am if it wasn't for you guys.  Eu amo voces! (I love you all!)  Please write back soon!

Love,  Elder Colin Hanson



No comments:

Post a Comment