Sunday, February 24, 2013

February 22, 2013 ~ Provo MTC ~ Week 4

Dear Family,

Hey Guys!  How's it going?  Everything's going great this week!  I'm just ready to get out of the MTC.  Only about a week and a half left.  So crazy!  I get temporarily reassigned next Thursday if my Brazil Visa doesn't come so I will email you all and let you know where I'm headed.  I'm hoping for like New York, Boston, anywhere in California, or Florida.  I'm excited to see where I'm going to go. Okay guess what?  My companion Elder Perkes got his Visa on Wednesday, which means he leaves on Tuesday for the Sao Paul MTC- Crazy!  Haha  I'm so jealous because I turned in my visa stuff way before he did!  There was also another Elder in my district who got his visa as well and so his companion will be my companion when Elder Perkes leaves.  His name is Elder Nathan Singleton and he's from Ohio. We've been friends already here so it'll be a good companionship Haha.  I'll miss Elder Cody Perkes, he was a great companion!  We never fought or argued about anything once.  There were five Elders in Josh Staples' branch who got their visas for Brazil, except Josh didn't & was temporarily reassigned to Eugene, Oregon.

                       My Companion Elder Cody Perkes and me Elder Colin Hanson

My District is still Awesome! I really love these Elders, we are all so close. We have had some drama though but I've gotten so used to it that it'll be weird not having any drama when I leave the MTC hahaha. Bronson left on Monday!  I sent you guys an email of a picture of Bronson and me the day before he left. He told me that his district never fought and that there never was any drama.

                                                        My Brazil District
Elder Colin Hanson and Elder Bronson Kunzler


My Portuguese is coming!  I'm starting to feel a little bit better about it.  There's no way in poop that I would be ready to teach the gospel in Portuguese in a week and a half lol. One of my Portuguese teachers told me my Portuguese was one of the best in the class so that made me feel a little bit better about it.

Thank you for the Packages and the words of encouragement.  I love the Ties and the Family picture and the one with my brothers and me look great so thanks so much. Miss you guys so much but I still haven't got all that homesick.  There will be days though that I get a little bit, but then I'm fine.  I think it's because we're doing something all the time and it keeps my mind off of it.

I'm sorry there's not more to write about:( I know there will be so many things to talk about when I get out in the field. Let me know if you hear anything about Travis' Mission call. I really do miss you all so so much!  I think about you all the time and I'm so happy you guys are doing well.  I have the best family in the world! Eu Os Amo! Love You So Much!!!

Love,  Elder Colin Hanson


No comments:

Post a Comment