Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014 - Brazil Goiania Mission - Uberlandia - Week 62

Dear Family,

Hey guys!!!!

So this week was filled with a lot of ups and downs lolz. We had (as usual)a bunch of people confirmed to go to church and we were so stoked because we were sure that they were going to go, and as usual, they gave an excuse at the LAST minute and didn´t go. It´s all good though! God knows which people are ready and we just have to find them. We also have a member in the ward (who is a recent convert of about 4 months) and he brought a friend to conference who is super legal (this means cool in Portuguese). He
loved conference and he said he wants to continue going to church! It will be awesome to teach him because he lives alone and we don´t have to worry if he´s married or not!

I loved conference so much and they didn´t have that dumb rule where if you don´t have an investigator you couldn´t watch it! I was so happy haha. There were a couple of talks where it was hard to concentrate because I was stressing out of my freaking mind about bringing investigators to church haha but I loved it so much. I thought that it was so weird though that they broadcasted the priesthood session to everybody? Maybe that´s just me but I thought that was weird that they´re doing that now haha. Do they
broadcast the women´s session? Haha I have no idea.

My favorite session by far was the priesthood session. But my favorite talks out of all the sessions was the talk from Elder Neil A. Anderson about the whirlwinds in our lives and President Monson´s talk in the Priesthood session about courage. It seemed like that was a huge theme of the conference, was courage, but especially in President Monson´s talk. Holy crap he is my fudging hero! I seriously love him so much. He talked a lot about courage and how we need to stand up for what we believe in.

But Neil A. Anderson´s talk was my favorite. I think just because it applied so much to me right now.His saying that we need to strengthen ourselves spiritually so that when life´s difficulties come, then we can be ready to be withstand them. That applies so much to me right now. With the difficulties that I´ve been having here in Uberlândia, I think it´s because of my strong testimony of the Atonement and the Restoration that I´ve stayed strong. I know that these things are true. I think that if my testimony wasn´t as strong, I might have lost it. But I know that the Lord
knows what´s best for me and will help me find these people that are ready. So that´s why his talk was my favorite.

We also brought a less active to conference. HE IS AWESOME. His name is Fabricio, (33 years old) and he got baptized a couple of years ago. He is so humble and now he realizes that he needs to get his life together. He told us that he wants to stay firm in the church, and wants our help to do that. We set some goals with him so
that he can strengthen himself spiritually every day. He´s so cool. Why can´t we find investigators like him every day???? hahaha

I made a goal with myself that every person, from now on, that gets baptized, will stay firm in the church. It´s so sad to see elders baptizing a whole lot of people and then those people go inactive like a month later. I´m so happy that Arlei has stayed firm. I saw a few people from Parque do Sabiá yesterday and they told me that he
hasn´t missed church once since I left and that he blessed the sacrament last Sunday :). One day, I want to be able to return to Rio Verde, and Uberlandia and visit the people that I taught and see that they have stayed firm the whole time. I know it´s possible.

Guys, please, pray for me and Elder Webb this week. Elder Webb found out just now that his grandpa passed away. Pray for me, and especially him, that he may be able to stay strong and keep his mind focused on the work. I know that that will be really hard, but it would help a lot if you guys could pray for us. I feel so terrible and I´m not quite sure what to do.

Love you guys!!!! Thank you for the support and the love lol. Happy
birthday Erik tomorrow! VOCÊ É O MELHOR IRMÃO NO MUNDO! Nossa, TE AMO DEMAIS! ESPERO QUE TUDO ESTEJA BOM COM VOCÊ E QUE VOCÊ ESTEJA FELIZ TAMBEM. PARABENS POR SEU SUCCESSO COM SEUS SERVICOS! GANHA MUITO PARA QUE VOCÊ POSSA COMPRAR MUITAS COISAS CARAS PRA MIM DEPOIS DA MISSÂO LOLOLOL KKKKKKKKK. TChAU!!!!

(Translation) ERIK, YOU ARE THE BEST BROTHER IN THE WORLD! Wow, I LOVE 
You! HOPE ALL IS GOOD WITH YOU AND YOU ARE HAPPY ALSO. 
CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR SUCCESS WITH YOUR GRADUATION! EARN MUCH SO YOU 
CAN BUY A LOT OF THINGS FOR ME AFTER MY MISSION LOLOLOL 
Bye!



ELDER HANSON

No comments:

Post a Comment